Friday, October 30, 2015

Installed the side stays

Strung up a poly rope through some eye bolts to keep the side walls from flapping in the breeze when they are lowered.  I still have to install some channel and wiggle wire to hold the wall in place during the winter months.

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Installed roll up sides

Diane and I installed the roll up sides during 20 MPH wind gusts.  It was supposed to be a calm day.  We managed to get it done though.  I also installed the door frames.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Installed first layer of 6 mil plastic on greenhouse

Pulled 6 mil plastic over the top frame of the greenhouse with 6 ropes. Tied ropes to plastic around balled up newspaper and went up and down length of greenhouse tying off each after I pulled up two or three feet. It was a perfect day when we started putting the plastic on but right as we were putting the wiggle wire on, the wind kicked up and ripped the plastic. We had to pull it very tight to get the ripped plastic out of the area where the roof is.

After seven hours we got the plastic on tight and it looks good. We decided to put the second layer of plastic on next fall since we will not be growing with aquaponics this winter.  We may set up raised beds with their own hoops and try spinach pac choy and cabbage.  That will get us one more year of life out of the roof.