Sunday, December 6, 2015

Planted fruit trees

I planted about 20 fruit trees in the yard over the past couple weeks. The post hole digger makes it very easy to do. I just dig a hole put a little peat moss little bit of compost put the tree in little more compost cover it up with cardboard newspaper and mulch.

Installed East doors

I finally got around to building and installing the East doors. I came up with a better locking system for the doors. I'm using a gate latch with a cable through the door so you can unlock it from the inside. I made sure that the the plastic covering I was using to cover the doors completely covered the hinges as well. This insulates the greenhouse much better than having gaps. The temperature outside was about 45 degrees and as you can see from the thermometer it's about 75 inside the greenhouse. I checked it this morning and the ambient temperature was about 40 outside the greenhouse and about 45 inside the greenhouse. I am definitely going to need some sort of heating system to make this work.

Compost bin

Constructed a compost bin out of the skids that the greenhouse was shipped on. I had to put chicken wire all around it to keep the dogs and the critters out.

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Installed doors on west side

I had constructed and painted the two doors for the west side last weekend. I finally got around to installing them this weekend. after installing them I put plastic on the outside of the doors. This plastic is the same plastic that the end walls have and it is extremely tough. It will work out nicely for these doors. I installed handles also. I will need to get another lock as the one installed is way too small.

Installed exhaust fans

Used forklift to install exhaust fans on Saturday. 48 inch exhaust fans were actually 54 inches. I had to rework the space I had constructed for the exhaust fans. This was a lot of extra work that I really didn't want to do. But it is done now.

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Installed the end panel fabric

Spent time this weekend putting the end panel fabric on the green house. It rained on Saturday so I didn't get a whole lot done on Saturday. So today I finished up the East End and finished the west end right before the Sun down. So I just had to staple the fabric on.